Monday, October 25, 2010

Change

It seems as though the past five months have been a process of internal and external transformation for me. It's not that I am becoming something new or different, although on some level I hope that I am, it is more a process of returning to myself. What self am I returning to? Hopefully, that question will be answered with time. One thing that I have recently discovered is that to know myself isn't necessarily some lofty endeavor, but it's more a process of delving deep within my personality and exploring the beautiful and the ugly parts of myself. I am coming to believe that the process of going deeper will eventually lead to flying higher.

When I started on my spiritual journey over twenty years ago, I was frequently in the process of trying to transcend myself and my life. Needless to say, in my attempts to transcend I was left experiencing myself and my inner world as completely blank and empty. I misunderstood many of the beautiful and profound spiritual teachings that I had been exposed to.

 I have always been on a journey of self-discovery, although I have gone through cycles of going in and out of awareness of that journey. However, I have learned that even when it appears and feels as though I have gone completely off course and lost sight of my path, the journey is still happening, important transformations are still taking place within. I am comforted by the knowledge that I am always in the process of growing and transforming even if not consciously aware of it.

I hope that you will join me on this journey.

Much love to you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment