Friday, February 11, 2011

Sky and Snow


It was still dark outside when I dropped her at carpool. I drove to get a cup of apple cider, the sky growing slightly lighter. A perfect white covered the branches of the trees and the rooftops. Snow. Beautiful this time, but not obstructive. On to the dry cleaners and it is still dark, but still with that magical glow surrounding me. I have broken habit by exploring my world in the early morning hours. I like it. My heart and mind feel at peace finally.

3 comments:

  1. Found a new tea and thought of you: Celestial Seasonings Cinnamon Apple Spice is so naturally sweet it doesn't even need honey. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful prose. I love the early morning hours. Unfortunately I also love the late night hours. Which means that sometimes I don't get much sleep. :)

    ReplyDelete