I have a very difficult time getting around to sending thank you notes for gifts, and if you are one of the people that has not received a thank you note from me, please know that I am grateful and the official thanks will one day arrive in your mail box. However, I have taken the time to randomly write letters to people letting them know how great I think they are.
One day a few months ago, I was feeling lousy about myself and envious of certain people that I know that seemed to be living more exciting lives than I was. How did I handle my jealousy? I sent out e-mails to a select few people, praising their accomplishments and character. I gave those people the words that I needed to hear. The really beautiful thing is that my jealousy disappeared and I ended up feeling fantastic.
My list of people that I admire, or just wish to thank for being in my life:
1. My husband: He's the greatest partner I could have asked for. He brings happiness and joy into my life. I don't think that I could survive without him.
2. My daughter: She teaches me patience, and inspires me not to care what people think.
3. My father: A constant source of encouragement.
4. My sister: She inspires me to become a better person. She is proof that life really does get better after forty. Dawn blossoms and grows more creative every year.
5. My stepmother: The embodiment of patience and grace.
6. My mother-in-law: Smart, talented, and ever youthful.
7. Pamela: Crazy, smart, creative, nurturing, and beautiful. My best friend and a great playmate. She is capable of doing anything she wants if she set her mind to it! The world awaits you.
8.Mort Barr: Thanks for encouraging me and believing in my ability.
9. Ruby Grossblatt: A million thanks for believing in me.
10. Leah Scheier: A beautiful, talented and wonderfully quirky woman.Even though I haven't seen her in two and a half years, she continues to inspire me.
11. Shayna Morse: Thanks for reading my posts, and for always giving me a thumbs up!
There are a lot more people to thank, however, it's time for me to grab a snack and finish decorating the house for Chanukah.
Much love to you all.