Wednesday, January 5, 2011

In Gratitude for Hulu


Last night I discovered hulu, and I think that it may have changed my life just a little. Since last week I have been mentally gravitating toward the 70’s; I say mentally because it hasn’t  actually outwardly manifested at this point. I haven’t dropped by the thrift store to buy my husband a leisure suit, and I didn’t purchase Cover Girl robin egg blue shadow; yet.  But I do feel a strong pull toward Rhoda, One Day at a Time, Maude, and The Bob Newhart Show. I need to fall into sleep with the sweet vibrations of a Rhoda episode flowing through my body and mind. Yes, I want to touch the carefree innocence of my youth, and I know of no better way to do that at present than to watch the same shows that I watched as a kid. In 1974 my biggest concern was if I would make it to the bathroom in time in the middle of the night; anything concerning my bladder usually turned into a situation. The bottom line is that I want peace of mind and I believe that McMillan and Wife could and would provide, if only it were on hulu. For now Bonnie Franklin and Valerie Harper will suffice. I have found temporary relief and contentment from my woes through my time spent with my dear friends Barbara and Julie Cooper in their Indianapolis apartment. Thank you hulu, thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment